I Wish My Spouse , Parents or Kids would....

CapricornFarm

Pottery producing maniac
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
A place to gripe, commiserate or discuss possible solutions to your situation. Please, this is a family site so no rough language. No death threats either, that can backfire. Lets not argue, let's discuss. Positive suggestions and understanding attitudes are appreciated. All backyard chicken rules apply.

I really wish my children would call me more often. I hesitate to call them because they work and have significant others. Don't want to interrupt.

It would sure be nice if spouses would listen more attentively when a person speaks. Sometimes you get the feeling they are just saying Yes dear but not really listening. The watching TV syndrome. But it makes a great time to tell them things you don't really want to discuss. Like for example, DH is watching baseball. Something exciting happens, "The Nats have scored again!" At that same instant , you announce , I ordered 24 chicks today . It will not register, and you can honestly say that you told him. Sometimes it just works out.:D

My oldest was a good helper, but the youngest was dead weight. Now he gets the girl friend to do everything. Keep nagging. Do you have cleaning day where everyone cleans?

My oldest was a good helper, but the youngest was dead weight. Now he gets the girl friend to do everything. Keep nagging. Do you have cleaning day where everyone cleans?
What I do is have everyone clean a room before dinner. It usually works okay. No clean room = no dinner.

It's getting them to do any more than that that's the problem.

Back
Top Bottom