1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I woke up to snow...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coffeemama, Dec 14, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know snow is a burden to some- I used to live in snow country and it can be a drag. But we get it once or twice a year at our house, so it's magical to wake up to a blanket of snow. Yay!

2. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I would love to have snow....dont get it much here in the south....maybe this year though.....except 1993 had 18 inches...it was called blizzard of the century....everybody freaked out down here

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We have snow too! It is coming down harder and we have a pretty scene out the windows! This is a real treat for us here as it is a once or twice a year deal like coffeemama says.

However tonight's expected 10 degree freeze will make my 4 am commute to work an interesting experience.

4. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    We are expecting snow overnight tonight and into tomorrow. For us, snow is a hit or miss thing, too. Some years we don't get any and other years we get a few inches several different times. The kids, of course, are hoping for a blizzard so they don't have to go to school. [​IMG]

I used to look forward to the snow, but now that I have outside pets (horses and chickens) I worry about them when it get that cold. Guess that's just the mom in me. [​IMG]

5. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Quote:I think you are right there - we always seem to have something to worry about, don't we! No snow here - some in England this year but we are near the west coast of Wales and rarely get any. A few times there has been enough to stop work and school - I love that when we have enough food and the village get together to make snowmen and sledge! Good times.[​IMG]

6. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

yay ! chels i miss you!! i love the snow !!!! yay!! my chickens think its wierd.. [​IMG]

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    still coming down here

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] You poor poor people!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Just stopped snowing here, hear the chickens are dredging in more sow and colder weathers up north though. Poor babies! I sure hope it all goes away in a week!

10. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    My little girl woke up early this morning, ran to the window, and screamed, "HOLEY MOLEY"!!!! She was just a wee bit excited!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by