I wonder, are chickens as smart as parrots?

Are chickens just as smart as parrots?

• Yes, just as smart

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, parrots are smarter

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Chickens are even smarter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t know, but …. (a penny for you’re thought)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

BDutch

natural
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
May 19, 2015
the Netherlands
My Coop
My Coop
Watch this amazing video about the
Intelligence of a parrot. It made me wonder.

Not being able to talk like parrot, doesn't mean they are dumber,
Can chickens be just as smart?
What do you think?

PBS owns that video and has blocked it in the USA on copyright grounds. That's the message I get.

I think chickens are chickens and parrots are parrots. They can reason some things out and they can be trained but most of what they do is by instinct. Instinct will often override reason. Their bird brains' logic works differently to our logic. They probably have different "logic" from each other too, especially as one is ground dwelling and the other isn't.

I know scientists want to quantify intelligence, but that is arbitrarily done. I think they are as intelligent as they have to be to survive and their intelligence works in ways to help them survive.

@Ridgerunner , How strange, here it’s free to watch on youtube.

The researcher/trainer /biologist claims that this 30 year old parrot has the intelligence of a 5-6 year old child.
It learned a lot of colours and forms to get food. And combines things without being told to do so.

Watch this amazing video about the
Intelligence of a parrot. It made me wonder.

Not being able to talk like parrot, doesn't mean they are dumber,
Can chickens be just as smart?
What do you think?
I think they can be. It Depends on the individual chicken and parrot really. I raise both. All I know for sure is this: people as a general rule (mostly un-chicken people- but some chicken people who don’t pay close attention too) think that chickens are stupid, nothing more than walking vegetables. This is the most inaccurate conclusion one can come to. But I suppose like any genre we have the smarter ones and the ones that are … lucky they’re cute! :he

… nothing more than walking vegetables.
In this context I would say: , nothing more than walking drumsticks 🍗 .

And thanks for sharing you’re experience. And yes, I do believe my Dutch chickens are more clever than my other bantams.

Back
Top Bottom