I wonder if they will hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by momma's chickens, Nov 7, 2009.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I have had horrible times lately with hatching. They eggs develop beautifully and die right before pipping.

Today is day 26 on runner duck eggs and I have my fingers crossed. I know it is still early but wish something would happen so I know if they going to hatch. [​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG] Here's good hatching vibes for ya! [​IMG]

3. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Good vibes sent your way.......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can hatch my own all day long without any problems, but I have a horrible time hatching shipped eggs. The PO is just too hard on them.

4. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks, these are shipped eggs. I just checked again and nothing, think I saw a couple of eggs moving but not sure, if so, they are barely rocking. Going to bed and will check in the morning. [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Same thing happened to me... Last hatch I had 25 live and viable on day 18... only got 12 chicks. the rest died just before pipping.

6. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Did you figure out why? The babies were beautiful, fully formed and just didn't pip. I am so hoping that a couple of these make it!!!

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    make sure the plugs are out and you have good air circulation! I put my bator up on a wire rack to make sure there is plenty of air circulating around it. Those babies use up a lot of oxygen when they are turning in the egg and trying to chip their way out!

8. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

i don't know why, i'll just wishing everything will be okay. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by