I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Cynthia 085

Songster
7 Years
May 4, 2014
CO
Hi guys

I wanted to post because I have an issue again.

One of my cochins is not feeling well. She is sick.

Age: Not sure got her when she was almost a full adult; I assume @8-9 months or more.

Color white. Her comb is nice and red no discoloration.

Lethargic she puffs up and just sits.

Drinks water, but does not eat.

Here are some pictures of her poo.
This first one I found blood underneath the green. I am treating for coccidiosis right now with Corid liquid form.
Bloody one:

If this is not it can you guys recommend me some good ways to de-worm her? Meds or the like?

Here is how her poo looked like today:

I am not sure what I can do for her. I read past post and they all stated to deworm the chicken or treat for bacterial parasites.

If nothing helps I am going to take her to the vet. However last time I took a chicken to the vet he prescribed an antibiotic similar to Corid and still my chicken died. I know the doc is a good doc and he was just following what he thought was best, but my chicken died and I ended up with a huge bill as he charges chickens as exotic animals. I received better help here than at the vets office.

I really like my chicken and will take her into the vet if things don't look good.

Giving Gatorade as a pre-biotic and will get pro-biotics (I think that is was its called) when the treatment is over.

(She has not started laying yet, she just has her comb really red. I assume that her time is coming as she gets tense when I pick her up (that weird position), but I am sure a chicken would still eat even though she is about to start laying so that must not be it) She is losing weight (as she is not eating) and I need to do something else before she stops drinking all together.

Thanks guys
I appreciate your help. Thank you so much.
I hope this one does not die.

Cynthia

Thanks I hope the corid med helps. It has been 3 days with droid and no improvement yet. Next step I guess would be to de-worm her. Lastly if nothing helps I am going to take her in.

Thanks again I think the poo is not a regular one.
Cynthia

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom