San

Songster
12 Years
Mar 22, 2007
Appelscha, The Netherlands
My Coop
My Coop
That I am proud of being a BYC member.
It's given me new friends :), it helped me improving my English writing.
It gave me lots of tips about hatching.
Everyone is so help full to everyone..

It makes my mouth water when I see some recipes. It makes me smile when I see pictures. It makes me feel warm when I read the reactions on some personals posts from people who need to clear there heart.

And it even sometimes makes me wish living in the States. But then again my own small country is also very cool to live in :).

So keep up the good work so I can write it again in ten years :)

thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
That's great. But you don't have to wait 10 years.

Something I have never understood, why is the country called both Holland and The Netherlands, but the people are called Dutch? :)

The actor Rutger Hauer and Bas Rutten, the former mixed martial arts fighter, are people who come to my mind when I think of Holland.

Here's an interesting fact. The pilgrims who came to what is now Massachusetts in the early 1600s had first left England and went to Holland. But they were unhappy because their children were becoming Dutch. I think that may mean the children were becoming too open-minded. :) So the pilgrims went back to England, and then made the trip across the Atlantic to what is now Massachusetts so that they could control everyone and not allow anyone to have any religion but their religion.

Last edited:
I can't give you the answer 'cause I've asked myself the same question.
Funny you mention Rutger Hauer, before he got famous, he was a regular quest at my parents restaurant/ bar and knew me as a baby.

What about Paul Verhoeven or Famke Janssen :).

Interesting fact didn't knew that.

Back
Top Bottom