I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't just seen it. My cats hatched an egg!

ladyfaeden

Songster
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
St. Helens, Oregon
Uh, my cats just hatched an egg! I knew my husband's tiny (and I do mean tiny!) little seabright had been sneaking into the cat's apartment (a storage room with outside access and no house access). They have a heated cat bed in there and love it. I heard chirping coming from there today. I opened it to find a clutch of eggs and a tiny chick. A tiny chick the color of my immense buff orpington rooster. In the words of one of my favorite movies. INCONCIEVABLE! I never saw the seabright in there on the nest, just the eggs and the cats. The chick was very happy to be put in the brooder with other chicks. The eggs were candled and all have chicks. I just happened to put eggs on lockdown today so I added them.

The cats weren't in there when I found the mad little chick. I was relieved to see only one broken shell. My cats are pretty mellow and old, but I'm not sure they wouldn't have thought "Oh! Snack!"

Wow! The cats must have thought they were chickens. And by the way, we where just about to watch the Princess Bride.

lau.gif
too funny!

Back
Top Bottom