1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I wtb white orpington eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by momofsamjontori, Nov 1, 2008.

1. momofsamjontori

momofsamjontori Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2008
    I am looking for white orpingtons - I live in Florida and I am having a hard time finding them. Can anyone help me - I am new to this!!

2. 3 sisters farm

3 sisters farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    puyallup wa
    There are 2 sellers on eBay. I bought from coups-coup they are pretty, but definately not up to APA standard. I hatched 7 out of 7. The legs are yellow and should be more white. The feathers are truly white, but the eyes are blue-green. They are only about 8 weeks old now and are a bit more excitable than my buff orpington is...but I got her as an adult. The juv BO was excitable, but now that she started to lay is very calm now...wants me to pet her. Go under poultry then search for White orpington under buy-it now is another seller. He says his legs are white. I've never bought from him before. I am looking for good whites too.

3. JoanneNC

JoanneNC Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2007
    I purchased from the same person on Ebay also, and yes the legs are yellow. I should have researched a little more I guess. What color are the eyes suppose to be? Is it possible these are not Orpingtons or just not up to standard. Guess I am still looking for some also but will wait until the weather warms a little.

4. momofsamjontori

momofsamjontori Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2008
    That is who I got my eggs from but I for 7 and have lost three and these chickens are so pretty. If anyone finds some can you please let me know.

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    McMurray Hatchery has white orps. Maybe you can just wait and order some chicks from them. Ive been satisfied with the quality Ive gotten from them in general.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by