Ice is back with a brand new invention

So I've just picked up Rufous.. my favourite roo and inspected his comb carefully. He is also one of Ziggys sons, and Ice's brother from another mother 😆

He also has an interesting comb.. s shaped but with a nice straight blade. At the back end of the blade it also splits in 2 to create a lil mini cup shape with points.. but then it merges again into a single blade at the base. Unfortunately he did not keep his head still long enough for more pics. (The black stuff in the 'cup' is fleas😱🙈.. (does ivermectin work for fleas?))

I would really love to know thoughts on these unusual features on these 2 guys combs.. A yay or nay?

20211211_064642.jpg
20211211_064759.jpg

Rufous is rather a spectacular specimen so it would be a real shame if this comb feature is a no go zone

And that is Ziggy standing behind him.. Dad to both boys.. He's more orange while Rufous is more red🥰 and Ziggy has a few white feathers in his crest while Rufy is.. well.. rufous crested. They are both black wheaten boys but with very different neck and saddle colours. Love both their colouring 😍

20210929_062351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom