Ice is melting at last!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mmtillman, Jan 31, 2009.

1. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay!!! [​IMG] The temp should be in the low 50's today and we are headed out to shingle our coop!! CAbin fever is gone....!! after 8 days of being iced bound inside!!! Yay! [​IMG]

2. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    I know how you feel,,,,I'm right below you in Arkansas,,,, Welcome Back!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    HOORAY!!!! We are getting mid 70's in C.A. Bay Area

4. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It was 65* here today!!!! :)WOW! The ice was melting and falling and crashing off of everything!! Was good to have a warm spell at last! My hubby and I got out and actually PUT ON OUR SHINGLES on the new coop today!!!! [​IMG]
    Got it all done but the ridge cap! I am sooo excited now.....it is about finished .....short of painting and doing the fence. ..OH and the power for the lights. Its gonna be such a nice coop!! [​IMG]
    I think I will paint it barn red with white trim?....or off white...cant decide yet really about the final color?[​IMG]
    Anyway...I will post more pix on FACEBOOK BYC , for everyone to see soon!! Come on spring!!! [​IMG]

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Our ice here in Oklahoma is also starting to melt, 68 today and now it is just a slushy mess, but the sun is out and as usual the devils breath is blowing like crazy.

AL

6. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    im in KY and have NO POWER AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH (im at a friends in another town and another state trying to get a shower so my chickens will allow me in the coop tomorrow i think they were pinching their beeks at me finally so i had to find a shower lol its getting rough around here! [​IMG]

7. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    We are hoping for above freezing here on the shore Monday. I can't remeber having so much frozen ice/snow all over like this all winter. I have mucho frozen poop to remove!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by