I'd like to know how you all handle geese parents with goslings !!

My husband has a really good relationship with our goose. She will let him check eggs and move babies around. If the children get close though, she will hiss at them.

I absolutely prefer my geese to raise goslings, and frankly they usually do a much better job than humans. Even if I hatch in my bator (which is rare these days), I still try to get my adults to adopt the babies asap. It is so much easier, and there is nothing cuter than watching goslings zooming around yard under protective parents.

I absolutely prefer my geese to raise goslings, and frankly they usually do a much better job than humans. Even if I hatch in my bator (which is rare these days), I still try to get my adults to adopt the babies asap. It is so much easier, and there is nothing cuter than watching goslings zooming around yard under protective parents.
So far I've left them with their parents. But there is a runt out of the 5 and I'm worrying it will fail to thrive. Just had an experience with a runt gosling when I bought 4 from a breeder. I was making great progress turning its health around, and after a couple weeks it suddenly died.

Back
Top Bottom