I'd like to raise Silkies

EricShane

Songster
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
SouthWestern Ohio
Around where I live.. it is really really hard to even find silkies.. I searched for over a year and couldnt find any other than some hatchery ones at the local tsc and they were sold out as soon as they came in the door.. I seen some at the Lucasville swap in april but they were the first ones sold..

anyway.. I lost my job (of 5 years) back in January.. Its really hard to find a good job right now, other than part-time grocery store jobs or anything..

I love silkies, alot! I have a Beautiful Silkie Roo that is buff/ginger (with a black tail) he is sooo beautiful and he was given to me because he is Blind in one eye.

I searched for so long for a silkie hen, because Ive heard of how broody they can be.. well, I finally found two for 5$ a piece pretty close to me, so I got them, ones black and ones white. Ive had them about 2 weeks now and I dont think theyve even laid any eggs.. But.. I would love to get some 'show quality' silkies and raise them and maybe sell them. People love my silkies that I have so much that they want to buy mine! the day I bought the two hens two people stopped and asked if I would sell them! lol

anyways.. here are my silkies that I have, tell me what you think about them.. and if you guys think I should breed them? or maybe buy more qaulity silkies? (because I dont really know what silkie qualities are)

Here is my Roo.. he so so sweet.. and I think he is Beautiful

downsized_0509091738.jpg

downsized_0507091359.jpg

and here are my two hens they are a little bit smaller and more stand-offish

downsized_0509091737a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom