Yes. It's all chicken meat. The neck is dark meat, the back can have some light and some dark. The gizzard and heart are kind of stringy dark meat, they are working muscles. The gizzard has a tough layer on it, you need to peel that off.

The liver has its own texture and flavor which many people don't like. Personally I like the liver as long as it is not overcooked. The day that I butcher my lunch is usually fried liver.

Dogs generally love liver, heart, and peeled gizzard.
great info. I cook liver and heart for my pups. I have never had chicken liver but I hear it’s mild (my only comparison is venison)

And to answer the original question. I like weights between 4 and 6 pounds, although I'm pretty flexible. I used to raise some enormous CX. Although delicious, I found leftovers to be a bit challenging when roasting a 7 to 9 lb. bird. For the 9+ lb birds, we turned them into sausage.

And to answer the original question. I like weights between 4 and 6 pounds, although I'm pretty flexible. I used to raise some enormous CX. Although delicious, I found leftovers to be a bit challenging when roasting a 7 to 9 lb. bird. For the 9+ lb birds, we turned them into sausage.
Are you talking live or dressed weights?

Back
Top Bottom