IDEAL POULTRY VS CACKLE HATCHERY

OEGB100

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 4, 2013
Laredo texas
Hi every one, I placed orders on each of the hatcheries for this year and cant wait for my chicks. I ordered the same OEGB, same colors and same quantity (50 chicks each).I will be comparing them in many aspects such as customer service, price, shipping, delivery and later on when they mature, quality. Ofcourse, im not expecting SHow quality but at least decent quality. I saw some of cackles OEGB on youtube and they looked great. So, they are both doing excellent on customer service very polite and helpful. Price was better for cackle but, ideal did better on giving me hatch date. Ideal will hatch this month and cackle until march and they asked pymt in advance. If any one has any coments or advice i would really apriciate it, if you have pictures of their stock even better. Im new to the website but im amazed with community, this is even better than facebook. I will post pictures aap when i get the chicks thanks and hope to hear from all.

welcome-byc.gif

I haven't used Cackle, but have used Ideal. My favorite though is Schlect, since we only really want meaties (CornishX). We raise our own egg layers and "Beauty" birds! I got some Dark Cornish purebreds from a friend, who got them from McMuray, and they are healthy and quite nice.

Of course, hatchery is hatchery, so if you are raising as a hobby and not for showing, nothing wrong with hatchery birds. My Barnevelders are from a breeder (show lines); I will be selling purebred babies in the spring. My other birds are not show quality, but are raised for egg laying, so I look for good layers. Those who don't measure up, and up in the stock pot!

So, what is your avatar - where do you hail from?

Ideal 1- cackle 0
Nice to hear positive from ideal, my goal is to have fun and a hobby with chickens. In the future will probably sell but as pets, not for show. My avatar is a pic from a local lake called casablanca here in laredo tx of a long fishing day. How long did it take to get your chicks, i live 5 hrs from ideal do you think i could get them sooner?

How long did it take to get your chicks, i live 5 hrs from ideal do you think i could get them sooner?
Hmm, not sure. I think most hatcheries sell on a first come basis. So, if you ordered chicks that aren't very popular, your order would get filled first and you'd get them sooner. They were quite fast with mine. That's a lot of OEGB's if you are getting 25 from each hatchery!

I ordered through cackle last year and I was very impressed. Didn't take any pics though :( I have an order from ideal due to ship jan 23rd so I will be comparing as well. Same birds as I ordered from cackle last year. The only reason I did not use them again is they didn't have sexed ducks so decided to try ideal.

I got 16 Australorps from Ideal in September. I live just an hour away so I went and picked them up. Split them between by son's family and me and our birds are very happy and healthy; not show quality from what I can tell but I got them for eggs, not show. I believe Ideal ships when they say they will ship and then it's up to the post office to get them to you. I have no other experience with hatcheries, or chickens for that matter. Good luck and welcome to BYC.

@totalcolour i actually ordered 50 chicks of each hatchery my backyard will be a chaos hopefully! @sd lady bird my order will be hatched on the jan 16 and they said will arrive on the 18. I liked that about ideal gave me a quick hatch date and they charged me just a week before vs cackle that my hatch date is on march 4 i had to pay two months up front. Im a little concerned because of the weather and my hatch date hope not to loose any, it would brake my heart! Good luck with your hatch hope everything goes well.

@OEGB100 - I am also worried about my chicks making it. Especially because I only have a total of 9 birds coming 3EE, 3LF Lt. Brahma, 3 Cayuga ducklings. I am kind of excited though since due to the weather I should have quite a few packing peanuts. Hopefully something that will grow decent!! What has the weather in TX been it has been in the 30's day 20's night.

@sdbirdlady well in tx we have had 40s at night and between 50 and 65s a day, but here in laredo from march to late november we lows of 95 and highs of 103 so anything under 60s weather is basically snow. Im so worried about the chicks because i dont think the post office wont let me pick them up until they open at 8:30 am. Its my first order ever so i feel like im expecting a child so nervous!!

Back
Top Bottom