Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
My hens turn 19 weeks tomorrow, I got them on Febuary 17th. They should start laying any day now. they came from Ideal. Here are A few pics of my hens free ranging

794de08a.jpg

34757780.jpg

0f43f362.jpg

47804a25.jpg

c4a6c5de.jpg

a891b339.jpg

6108397e.jpg

8de2e570.jpg

9bac0e9c.jpg

ad6051cd.jpg

This was yesterday morning, they had fresh bell peppers with cheerio's for breakfast
3b505249.jpg

Quote:
Where did you see this at? Did I miss it already?

sorry, I had signed off and didn't see your post - you may try calling them tomorrow to see if they are still offering the special, they sent me an email since I am on their email list as a former customer

Quote:
Where did you see this at? Did I miss it already?

sorry, I had signed off and didn't see your post - you may try calling them tomorrow to see if they are still offering the special, they sent me an email since I am on their email list as a former customer

You know what for some reason I just got the email. Well I guess it's too late for me. Not that I really needed anymore. I have eggs being shipped to me sometime this week from sonew123.

I ordered a bunch of cochins in February, but I just ordered again. I have been getting emails from them all summer ( I signed up for them) and it has been so tempting to order again due to the specials. As the summer has worn on, the price has gotten cheaper and cheaper for the assortments. I got at email at 2:08PM (4:08 Ideal's time) saying that if I ordered by 4:30PM their time, the bantam special was $0.85 each chick because the had a surplus of 1000 bantam chicks to get sold, today only. I have a broody cochin that has been sitting on nothing for six weeks, so I broke down and ordered the minimum of 25 chicks to qualify for the special. Now, I am dying to know what will be included in the assortment. It is pleasant here on the coast, but I noticed the weather is super HOT there. I hope the heat isn't hard on them in shipment.
fl.gif

I got my Ideal "Bantam Special" chicks about an hour ago, I ordered 25 cochins and 25 D'Uccles I got 25 cochins and 23 D'Uccles So I am short two. I have about 3 weak ones that I am worried about but no dead ones which considering the heat, I think that is amazing!! I was surprised there were no extras to cover losses. Most are very healthy and already all over the place! Since I chose what breed I wanted they were .50 extra plus I had them vaccinated.
They traveled from Texas to Arizona. Update the weak ones are doing great now after a good drink of water! I am thrilled with my purchaae and will be refunded for the missing two. Great customer service!!

83023_sleeping.jpg

83023_eating.jpg

83023_drinking.jpg

83023_blue_d.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to add, my Duck / Turkey order arrived with missing 1 duck, and 7 filler chicks.... 3 dead and 4 with ONE EYE.
Its like they picked the sick and dying to fill the box. Of course they won't ship me the missing duck on its own, so they refunded. Totally messes with our future breeding plans. Oh well.
hmm.png

Quote:
All mine are beautiful and doing great! The weak ones were fine after getting a drink and some rest. Don't even know which ones they were anymore. They are bouncing all over the place, how fun!

I ordered 3black silkie bantams, 3blue cochin bantams, 3 white frizzle bantams, and 5 americaunas this morning. They are suppose too ship on Aug 3rd and considering I live only 4hrs from the hatchery I should have them by the 4th
smile.png
I can't wait but I really hope they are ok in this heat. It's my first time ordering from a hatchery and I'm a little nervous.

Back
Top Bottom