Ideal Poultry!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by IdealisticRoo, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I ordered and already got my birds.

62 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

57 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

18 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

37 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. madgabmomma

madgabmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    My mail lady delivered my chicks about an hour ago [​IMG] They even threw in 3 extra cochin bantams and all are chirping and running about. I'm very happy with my experience with Ideal and I will be ordering from them again.

[​IMG]
    These are the bantams I ordered. black silkies, blue cochins, and white frizzle cochins

[​IMG]
    5 easter eggers [​IMG] They sent a nice variety of colors too, they are soo cute!

2. NorthTexaschick

NorthTexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Denton area
    I had to enlist Hubby's help to rein me in yesterday so I wouldn't order from Ideal! If left on my own, I surely would have caved and ordered the Surprise Special SRs for .75 each! Even knowing it is too dang hot and even though I still have 10 2-wk-olds brooding in the house!

Last time I ordered that special, I tried listing what they had marked as sold out for this year so I'd have an idea of what to expect in my box. Cochins were on that list and I got 13 - yes, 13! - out of 25! I DID NOT WANT cochins! Fortunately, I was able to sell them all to one lady. (whew) So you can't go by what you see on their site.

Then I ordered when they had a sale on pullets. Ordered 25 and they sent me 39!!! OK by me b/c I have sold most of those extras as well.

3. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    I never get any extras no matter who I order from.[​IMG]

4. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    Quote:I don't either, I hear stories of a few extras here or there, but in my last 9 orders, I think the only time an extra came, it ended up not being an extra!

However, they are so cheap to begin with, I don't really mind it!

I do still hope the first time I transfer them from the cardboard shipping box into the brooder, that I will count an extra or two!

I am really looking forward to tomorrow morning! I always get up really early and go get a takeaway breakfast and sit in the post office parking lot to eat. Then I see when the morning mail truck pulls in and I am usually in the lobby of the post office when they call!

That way the littles get home and fed, watered and warm ASAP! [​IMG]

I am going to preheat the brooder tonight! :)

I love having chicks, it is an addiction! [​IMG]

5. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    I ordered 25 and 27 healthy Babies arrived Friday morning [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:They are soo cute [​IMG] What breeds did you get!

7. AuberyMirkwood

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
  8. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  9. AuberyMirkwood

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Quote:I'm not sure yet lol but I've posted pics here for people to guess https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7106547#p7106547 I know one silkie, and I'm guessing mostly cochins.

I got 1 Silkie (Black:~) too! I also got a Self Blue OEGB and, also like you, a bunch of cochins!

I got a self blue too :-D I got another blue but it's not an Old English, it has a different comb and is smaller..

10. AuberyMirkwood

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Just noticed today that one of my black cochin chicks is a frizzle! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by