Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters

IdealisticRoo

Chicken Tender
13 Years
Oct 18, 2010
Colorado!
Wow!
ep.gif

The Ideal Poultry website shows sold out until "June 2011" for most standard breeds and some even say "sold out until 2012"!

I ordered 2 batches in January (25 pullets each) and 2 in February (21 chicks and then 9 chicks and 4 geese). All told, I have ordered 7 times in 6 months.

I am VERY happy with the value for money I received. Sure, there were a few losses and a couple minor mistakes, but they do a bang-up job of selling and shipping wonderful birds!

I suspect that a lot of the "Serious Breeders" supplement with Ideal Stock for diversity, simply because a lot of the rarer breeds are not easy to obtain!

Ideal has the most reasonable prices on even the rarest birds!

No, I don't work for them.

Yes, I know this is not the place for reviews. I am just curious about how many BYC-ers are also Ideal Poultry supporters.

I had mine within a week of ordering BUT Ideal screwed up.I had my contact phone as my cell phone...phone lines went down in a storm and I knew they may not be fixed in time.So,the PO spent the day calling my home phone not my cell and they stayed in the po annex an extra day..lost 2 I may have not lost.Sure enough the invoice label had my home # but a copy of the order Ideal had did only have my cell #. They were having weather issues and didn't notice a phone # change.
No I don't use their birds in my breeding pens..not a chance but I use them in my laying flock where quality is based on egg production and not breeding standards.That way I can keep my breeding pens for my quality birds and not have to worry about replacing layers and hatching a bunch of common laying breed roos that you have to feed for weeks before giving them away to get them off the feed bill.
So,I'm not the only one with a broody black and white cat..mine just loves to lay on eggs
idunno.gif

Quote:
What's funny is that all those egg colors there are actually real egg colors. At first you convinced me those were real eggs, then I saw the plastic mold lines on them.

But the olive eggs look real. . . .And the light blue one on the left. Which are real, which aren't? I'm guessing the whites, brown, and turquoise blue are fake, yes?

Quote:
What's funny is that all those egg colors there are actually real egg colors. At first you convinced me those were real eggs, then I saw the plastic mold lines on them.

But the olive eggs look real. . . .And the light blue one on the left. Which are real, which aren't? I'm guessing the whites, brown, and turquoise blue are fake, yes?

The only real egg is the light blue one on the far left. The others (except for the 2 white ping-pong balls) are from a $2.99 bag of 15 eggs that Ross had in their Easter stuff! They work, because my new layer - a bantam OEG started laying in the nest box with them! She is only 4 months old!

I was so surprised to catch the cat napping in there and even more surprised that I actually got a good picture on my camera phone!

Most of my pictures taken with an expensive camera are hard to even identify the subject matter as a chicken!

I got a two-tone egg! It is blue and darker blue, with a definite line about 1/3 the way up! I swear I didn't mess with it! I will post a pic in a few...

Back
Top Bottom