Ideal Pullet Asst???

LvMyChks

Chirping
Mar 10, 2009
Kansas City
Newbie to BYC. Wonderful site. Hope you can help identify the std pullet asst from Ideal shipped 2/4. Pics 1 and 6 wks. White chicks started out yellow, largest of all. One has willow legs, others yellow. No muffs or beards. Heart shaped breast, small comb.

Black chick still has white on tip of wings. I think feet have pinkish bottoms, not sure.

The upright red "pullet" was reddish, w/eyeliner. I am afraid it may be a rooster or at least a hen with attitude.

The dk brown chick had chipmunk stripes. Now wings are long, hang a little loose. Black/brown barring/narrow cream center stripe, Gold/brown neck feathers. Comb has 3 higher points.

Popcorn males started out yellow with a leg fuz. Cochin or Brahma? Mostly red, a few with partridge feathering. A few are very feathered and others hardly any. I am hoping the one with all the feathers is a female cochin. Please let me know if I did this wrong.

24658_red_6.jpg

24658_red_1.jpg

24658_fewfeath_6.jpg

24658_feather_6.jpg

24658_chpmk_6.jpg

24658_chpmk_1.jpg

24658_white_6.jpg

24658_white_1.jpg

24658_black_6.jpg

24658_black_1.jpg

Thank you! I thought white with green legs might be EE, I have a few but never saw a white one. They are large and first to jump on my hand. I was hoping for Welsummer. Cochin was first to feather, and marked as male. Any chance it is hen?

I think 1 might be a red sexlink and 5 a Australorpe oh and 2 looks like a red cochin possibly. Looks like mine anyway. Is the white ones legs green? could be an EE. Just my guesses and Im new so.....you know grain of salt and all. LOL
maybe not on the sexlink guess I don't remember mine having black stripe on the eye. sorry

Last edited:
I'm new too, my first attempt at post. I have 4 white chicks and as they get larger they do look like Whit Rock hens on feathersite. On had willow legs from beginning and is slightly smaller. Others have yellow legs and were yellow chicks. I don'y really care what they are, they are just pets to me. with eggs as a bonus. I get teased because I won't eat the old ladies that don't lay. I just say would you eat your old cat? My hen is much nicer!

Back
Top Bottom