Ideal using Privett to drop ship?

andisgarden

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
So, a friend and I split an order of pullets from Ideal. We got 30 of the pullet surprise. Well, imagine our surprise when it took 2 days for them to arrive from TX. We are in OK and all Ideal orders have typically arrived in 1 day. Well look at the zip on the box and they are from NM and Privitt Hatchery is located in the same zip as the shipping zip code.

We got 14 that are mixed but 14 of the others are all the same and are very difficult to distinguish the breed. These chicks are almost 1/2 the size of the others and when calling the hatchery they told us that only STANDARD breeds are included in this assortment. Any guesses to what a chick that is blue with stripes down the back and a golden belly might be? The feet are greenish black. I will ask the girl that bought with me to post pics for you and see if you can help us figure it out.

Thanks,

andrea

I quit useing Ideal when they pushed my order back twice & I never got notified. I found out when I called them to see if they had been shipped. They lost my business.

Last year I ordered pullets & got half pullets & half roos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard of people ordering from Welp and get chicks drop shipped from New Mexico. This is the first I have ever heard of it happening with Ideal.

You order from one place and it's actually "drop shipped" from another source. In other words if you order chicks from me and pay me but I have another company ship them to you would be considered drop shipped.

Quote:
Did you call them for a refund? I think they guarantee a certain percentage...

They aren't EE. They are about half the size of the EEs. I'm the one that split the order with Andi. I just posted a pic in the What is this? section.

Needless to say, we're not thrilled. I'm waiting on a call back to see what they are. I saw someone got some from them yesterday and got several Wyandottes. We didn't get any. Just a few odds and ends, which is fine. They were for eggs, but these little ones, I don't know what they'll be good for!

Shelly

Are you talking about the post mark? I think Ideal send them directly from to the airport in NM. Its right on the border of TX.

Back
Top Bottom