Ideas to make run safer

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
So nary any hardware cloth to be found At Lowe’s or Home Depot, or TSC. Ordered some off amazon and got notification it went on back order

so this is the run I made for my 2 Pekin ducks. Improvising due to the lack of hardware clothe
-20x20, we plan on getting more ducks
- support posts all cemented 1 foot into ground
- no hardware cloth around so bird netting covering all of it. With 1/4 inch pvc coated steel chicken wire fencing along the bottom, will be adding it around the top half of the sides as well. Fence and netting going 1-1.5 feel underground along sides to stop diggers
-same pvc covered fencing stapled to bottom of frame and laid out along all sides of it extending 6 feet and piked into the ground and will be covered with soil to deter digging predators
- industrial 1/4 inch steel mesh fencing (built to prevent rabbits and raccoons from getting into gardens will be fixed to the top of the pen

I have 4 random sheets of tin that were left here by the previous owner of this house that I have cleaned and an debating fixing to the outside bottom of the pen for extra layer of protection, or using as a roof

any thoughts on how to make it safer. My boxer the other night ran full tilt into the fencing on the bottom, not seeing it in the dark, and it didn’t give so I’m confident in its sturdiness, But want my ducks to be as safe as possible

Attachments

• 554F6E3D-8078-40B1-BEAD-DA4D37130E6A.jpeg
    554F6E3D-8078-40B1-BEAD-DA4D37130E6A.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 6
In north Alabama. Looked all over the Huntsville area and everyone seems to be out

Back
Top Bottom