Newducklover21

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2021
A group of 4 of these recently showed up at the pond where I’ve been watching a bunch of mallard type duck families grow this season. Their bodies and beaks are very small/short in comparison to the mallards and there appears to be some red either in their eyes or immediately surrounding them. The white “mask” is stunning! ANyone know what they are?
8FF69063-D76B-4320-891F-C5D38C3EB5F2.jpeg
D753B824-EB4C-4592-8F53-DCB23682AD01.jpeg

A group of 4 of these recently showed up at the pond where I’ve been watching a bunch of mallard type duck families grow this season. Their bodies and beaks are very small/short in comparison to the mallards and there appears to be some red either in their eyes or immediately surrounding them. The white “mask” is stunning! ANyone know what they are? View attachment 2795483View attachment 2795485
Hi, they look like female wood ducks. Beautiful ducks! @MGG @swampfox440?

A group of 4 of these recently showed up at the pond where I’ve been watching a bunch of mallard type duck families grow this season. Their bodies and beaks are very small/short in comparison to the mallards and there appears to be some red either in their eyes or immediately surrounding them. The white “mask” is stunning! ANyone know what they are? View attachment 2795483View attachment 2795485
I agree with Swampfox, they're young wood ducks. And it looks like the one is a male too.

Back
Top Bottom