identifing by egg (well, writing on the egg)

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
I picked up eggs earlier this week for our classroom project. Took a bit longer to get there than I expected, so I had no time other than to grab and run. And others followed me in, so the guy had other people to help after he gathered me a few more eggs to fill out the 2 dozen.
I know we have a mix of standard and bantam. Most bantam. All but 6 were ready for me when I got there and I have no clue what they are, but he had written on them. At least the bantam ones - RRB and BBR or something like that - I'll look again when I go check the incubator at school this weekend. Most were white, some a very light brown/tan. The standard ones are brown. I know I won't be able to tell by egg, but does anybody have a clue what they could be based on his notes on the bantam eggs?

I did see where 6 of them came from - bantam black chickens. That's all I know LOL I don't think they had feathered feet, but no clue - I can check the next time I'd down in his area.
Just curious.

I have no idea, he could of labeled them by breed or color.
idunno.gif
I label BR on my brown reds, which look like the my avatar picture.

Those are color labels. I recognize the BBR as Black Breasted Red, but am not sure what the rrb stands for.

I label mine the same way. I put Dkwng for duckwing, and bbr for black breasted red. I write out blue, black, and splash and MO is mottled, depending on the color of the hen that laid the egg or the pen they came out of. If they came out of my blue black and splash pen then I will mark BBS.

I also put the dates the eggs were collected.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom