Identify 3 new pullets ! ?

Jensride09

Chirping
May 15, 2022
SC
I am a first time chicken mom . We got 3 11 week old pullets (RIR’s ) I need to tell them apart - they look identical .
I havnt got them trusting me enough to hold them to get a color band snapped on their ankle … but they do crawl all over me at dusk - so any suggestions of an easy way to mark them ? They’re still nervous - I don’t want to stress them ! Thanks

I know to get bands on mine i just closed the door to the coop and went very slowly to get them scooped up to install zip ties of diff colors. My birds seem less interested in handling every day, but i guess u might not have an identical ecperience.

does the night time thing really work so well? ive seen some of the broiler chicken people using the night as a cheat code lol
Oh yes. If I have a broody hen that I want to move for example. If I move her during the day she knows what just happened and will get up to walk around and freak out. If I move her at night she just settles in and sleeps. If you take the hens off the roost at night, wrap her in a towel, and band her, she will just go back to sleep.

Oh yes. If I have a broody hen that I want to move for example. If I move her during the day she knows what just happened and will get up to walk around and freak out. If I move her at night she just settles in and sleeps. If you take the hens off the roost at night, wrap her in a towel, and band her, she will just go back to sleep.
Thank you!!!!

I know to get bands on mine i just closed the door to the coop and went very slowly to get them scooped up to install zip ties of diff colors. My birds seem less interested in handling every day, but i guess u might not have an identical ecperience.
Mine are still new - had them about 5 days ( 11 week old pullets) they had been running around a pasture wild with tons of others - so not handled much . They only like me when it’s dusk and they get nervous and don't want to be locked up - two of them climb all over me . My little coop is not what they are used too. I’m hoping to get them more tame !

Back
Top Bottom