Identify breed of this chicken?

Lennyy

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013

Hi all,
I bought the above bird a a fowl market today and im not really sure what breed it is, the seller said it was a golden brown but a google search suggests they don't exist.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

Thanks for all your responses! I can a few hens now.

Last edited:
Its dark here, so he's in his coup but as a guess i'd say he's around 2 ft. He's taller than the Rhode island reds we have. I'll try and get some proper measurements tomorrow.

The colouring I've seen on a few breeds and I've noticed because I had a partridge rooster that was i believe part bantam cochin and he was the same colour

But I've also seen pictures of a Maran rooster which looks like that too but is full size. Marans lay a golden brown egg which could explain the name he gave.

So while you wait for those with more idea you could try googling partridge Cochin and maran and see it either looks similar I guess.

So basically I'm no help am I lol. But he's very nice :)

Last edited:
I think your right, He looks like a golden Brahma, i'm getting him some hens tomorrow,
Thanks for your help!
smile.png

Last edited:
Well im not sure there's a guy near by who has over 50 breeds including the golden brahma but he wasnt clear whether it was a hen, chick or the eggs. We have an incubator worst comes to worst. Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom