Identify: Devil-Looking "Horned" Rooster

hatchery grade Silver Laced Polish. Even though hatchery Appenzellers are showing the wrong crest type (leaning more and more towards the Polish crest which is incorrect for the breed) the majority of Apps are spangled. These birds are laced and nonbearded are often of poorer quality than their laced cousins. Plus the fact that the person with those birds is in Canada where Polish and Apps are both hard to find and thus really good quality birds are exceptionally hard to find.

hatchery grade Silver Laced Polish. Even though hatchery Appenzellers are showing the wrong crest type (leaning more and more towards the Polish crest which is incorrect for the breed) the majority of Apps are spangled. These birds are laced and nonbearded are often of poorer quality than their laced cousins. Plus the fact that the person with those birds is in Canada where Polish and Apps are both hard to find and thus really good quality birds are exceptionally hard to find.
That's the only reason I added the silver laced polish to my guess, as Apps are spangled, and I haven't seen any that are laced.

*meant to say their bearded cousins......not laced.

Appenzeller Spitzhauben or possibly hatchery silver laced Polish.

I would be surprised if anyone out in the boonies where I live has Appenzellers ... they were sold to me as Polands. Here are two others that were apparently from the same hatch. Henrietta is the beautiful bearded silver laced (the two above are not bearded which I find really changes their appearance) and Martha a non-bearded buff laced. The latter is not the greatest photo, but she is very similar to Henrietta but without the beard. Henrietta is blind.

We have some really nice white crested black here in Atlantic Canada, but to find exceptional ones in the laced variety is next to impossible. Sad really.
I'd love to get my hands on a couple show quality laced someday. My Polands are quite old now.

Back
Top Bottom