Identify these cuties!

3cousinsfarm

Chirping
Jun 4, 2019
Kentucky
Hey all, my Bantam Cochin just hatched her first clutch? is that the word. Anyway she has 5 little cuties. One egg was hers and Donald Trump's (my granddaughter named our Red Bantam Silky that because he looks like him, lol.) Anyway one is hers and the Bantam Rooster. It is the black one in the picture (already has little feathery legs like momma.) I don't think you can sex this one. BUT, since my little girl only had one egg to set on, I got 4 eggs from a neighbor who has ISA Browns hens and he said his roosters are the same. So, I have question. I know that the white (yellow) ones are Roos and the buff or brown ones are pullets, but what is the little stripey one? Did some Casanova Rooster sneak into his hen-house? Again, the black one is hers and my red bantam, the rest are supposed to be ISA Brown mommas and daddies. And I know that ISA brown are not good to hatch on your own because of different problems, but she only had one egg and the neighbor had freshly laid eggs avaiable!
20191102_120632.jpg
20191102_120510.jpg

The only problem with hatching Isa Brown eggs is that they do not breed true as they are crossbreds. The chicks will be healthy and viable but you will have to wait to gender ID them. Good luck, and be careful with that heat lamp.
Just seeing this reply. Well this little bantam has hatched 5 more clutches. She is the broody Queen! The ISA Browns in the pics I ended up with 3 hens and 1 roo. The heat lamp was sitting on top of a concrete block so it couldn't possibly fall or get jostled or burn any chicks. I don't use any more, but that was my first batch of babies!

Back
Top Bottom