Identifying Coturnix Colors

MadamContrary

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 22, 2013
Very South Texas
New babies are nearly feathered in, I'm very excited to have some new colors to work with! I'm still learning all the actual color names, and I'm having a harder time nailing the subtleties of patterning.

I'm thinking Falb Fee on this one?
IMG_20210630_113218~3.jpg

And I know I have some Roux dilute. But, are the others considered silvers, blues, grey, or maybe lavender?
IMG_20210630_113147.jpg
IMG_20210630_113130.jpg
IMG_20210630_113218~2.jpg

And the little dark one in the back might be a Homogeneous Tibetan? Any insights are appreciated!

You can’t really tell the difference in the types of gray from looking at them, especially in mixed groups. The best way to determine Tibetan from Rosetta, is Tibetan usually have very dark legs and feet and no lacing and pencilling on the feathers, rosettas have lacing from their wild pattern lineage.

You can’t really tell the difference in the types of gray from looking at them, especially in mixed groups. The best way to determine Tibetan from Rosetta, is Tibetan usually have very dark legs and feet and no lacing and pencilling on the feathers, rosettas have lacing from their wild pattern lineage.
Okay, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom