Identifying keet colors

tiktilaok

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
Hi everyone... Can someone help me identifying the colors of these keets? This is my first time hatching keets other than pearl grey, pearl grey pied, and lavender. I searched the net for references but i cant seem to find anything that looks like them. Or maybe there are variations that i just cant recognize. Thank you!!

Attached below are their photos:

Pic #1: hatched from 2 cinnamon cocks and pearl/pied hens

Pics # 2, 3 & 4: hatched from a royal purple group

Pics # 5 & 6: hatched from a white gf pair. Im guessing they are just pearl and pied(?)

Again, thank you for those who would help... 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_111928.jpg
    IMG_20210605_111928.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20210605_112019.jpg
    IMG_20210605_112019.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210605_112047.jpg
    IMG_20210605_112047.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210605_114400.jpg
    IMG_20210605_114400.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210605_112116.jpg
    IMG_20210605_112116.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210605_112203.jpg
    IMG_20210605_112203.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 46
Hi everyone... Can someone help me identifying the colors of these keets? This is my first time hatching keets other than pearl grey, pearl grey pied, and lavender. I searched the net for references but i cant seem to find anything that looks like them. Or maybe there are variations that i just cant recognize. Thank you!!

Attached below are their photos:

Pic #1: hatched from 2 cinnamon cocks and pearl/pied hens

Pics # 2, 3 & 4: hatched from a royal purple group

Pics # 5 & 6: hatched from a white gf pair. Im guessing they are just pearl and pied(?)

Again, thank you for those who would help... 😁
I'm going to play along and then let @R2elk decide how close I get. 🙂

1 usually when someone talks abt Cinnamon guineas, they're in Australia, so not sure if that's an equivalency thing to pastel or-? - odds are PG though.
2- looks like some variation of a coral, but I don't remember the genetics for that. Seems more likely to be RP is a beauty though.
3 RP
4-RP
5PG
6PG

Last edited:

1 usually when someone talks abt Cinnamon guineas, they're in Australia, so not sure if that's an equivalency thing to pastel or-? - odds are PG though.
2- looks like some variation of a coral, but I don't remember the genetics for that. Seems more likely to be RP is a beauty though.
3 RP
4-RP
5PG
6PG
1. Is going to be partially spotted. I have no idea if it is cinnamon or not. I do recall reading that cinnamons have red eyes.

2. Coral Blue

3. Royal Purple

4. Chocolate

5. Pied Pearl Gray

6. Pearl Gray

Last edited:

3 RP
4-RP
5PG
6PG
Yeah, I mostly agree. I don’t know anything about cinnamon, but No1 has a partially dotted pattern. 2 looks like coral blue. 5 is a pied PG.

1. Is going to be partially spotted. I have no idea if it is cinnamon or not. I do recall reading that cinnamons have red eyes.

2. Coral Blue

3. Royal Purple

4. Chocolate

5. Pied Pearl Gray

6. Pearl Gray

2. Coral Blue

3. Royal Purple

4. Chocolate

5. Pied Pearl Gray

6. Pearl Gray
What is the genetics to = coral? I was trying to look up RP & brown. If I understood her correctly, the females will be brown & the males-🤷‍♀️
But if she & the lavender mate, the males would be porcelain or opaline? But that doesn't factor in the second gene, the lav I don't know but the the brown's was either pied lavender or gray. 🤔 but she's fully dotted.

What is the genetics to = coral? I was trying to look up RP & brown. If I understood her correctly, the females will be brown & the males-🤷‍♀️
But if she & the lavender mate, the males would be porcelain or opaline? But that doesn't factor in the second gene, the lav I don't know but the the brown's was either pied lavender or gray. 🤔 but she's fully dotted.
Coral blue is two blue color genes and no full dotting genes with at least one partial dotting gene.

The problem is with the Royal Purple genetics. I seriously doubt that anyone knows their genetics. I regularly create Royal Purples by breeding a Chocolate male to a Coral Blue hen. To me that says that my Royal Purples have one blue gene and one chocolate gene. I also don't buy into the claim that chocolates are two buff genes with two copies of the DSV (dark shade variant). They are correct that a chocolate does not have a full dotting gene and at least copy of the partial dotting gene.

How the buff and blue genes work when together or separately is not fully documented. Two blue genes can be Coral Blue, Lavender, Powder Blue, Lite Blue or Sky Blue depending on other unknown factors.

I know that when I still had my Powder Blue cock, if he bred my Royal Purple hen, one of the outcomes was Violet keets.

Coral blue is two blue color genes and no full dotting genes with at least one partial dotting gene.

The problem is with the Royal Purple genetics. I seriously doubt that anyone knows their genetics. I regularly create Royal Purples by breeding a Chocolate male to a Coral Blue hen. To me that says that my Royal Purples have one blue gene and one chocolate gene. I also don't buy into the claim that chocolates are two buff genes with two copies of the DSV (dark shade variant). They are correct that a chocolate does not have a full dotting gene and at least copy of the partial dotting gene.

How the buff and blue genes work when together or separately is not fully documented. Two blue genes can be Coral Blue, Lavender, Powder Blue, Lite Blue or Sky Blue depending on other unknown factors.

I know that when I still had my Powder Blue cock, if he bred my Royal Purple hen, one of the outcomes was Violet keets.
Should be an interesting summer.😉 20210606_193538.jpg

Hello again! Just a follow up question. While browsing through livestock photos, i came upon this keet. Again this is my first time with gf of other colors. Btw, the photo is not mine. I asked the owner and accdg to her, it would grow up to be a pearl grey pied. I have hatched a decent number of PGs, PG pieds, and lavender but none of them looked like this keet.

Is it really possible for this cutie to be a PG pied? Or will it turn put to be of a different color.

Because if this keet is of another color, i would definetly take it home.... 😁😁😊

And.... If i may still add..... These are 2 of my guinea cocks.... And from what the breeder said, they are cinnamon. Are they really cinnamon gfs?

Just temporarily are they staying in those pens. So as to know which keets came from whom.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607_165312.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607_165312.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210607_165254.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607_165254.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210607_165228.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607_165228.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210607_164806_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607_164806_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210605_163015.jpg
    IMG_20210605_163015.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210605_163002.jpg
    IMG_20210605_163002.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Oooooooh....... Another genetic problem that i need to fully digest and understand... 😅😅
Just recently, i also have been trying to understand cutthroat chicken color genetics which somehow ( i believe 🤔🤭) i am starting to grasp the concept.. Gf color genetics is nothing different from chicken colors (when it comes to difficulty understanding the concept). I will work harder to understand everything. I hope to be as good as you guys in the (not so) near future....

Thanks a lot everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom