Identifying recused baby gosling.

Mkcrabtree711

In the Brooder
May 10, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if someone with experience in rescuing and raising geese could help me identify what type of gosling I have.
20200528_144142.jpg
20200528_225727.jpg

Canada goose or Toulouse
We were thinking Canadian Goose at first until we started doing some research and found the Toulouse good Canadian goslings have all Black beaks and legs. This guy does not. His beak has a pink color at the end and his legs are a light gray color.
IMG_20200528_185624.jpg

Where did you rescue him from? Many domestic geese that get dumped breed with their wild counterparts so it maybe a mix. Very adorable!
A lady who rescues wild animals around here asked me if I had any baby ducklings or chicks. She send me a picture of her and she looked like she was the size of my babies. When we got her home you could visibly tell they were several weeks older than her. So she's been living inside the house with us. We have looked for another gosling since she came to us and can't seem to find any. Anyways, a lady found her in her backyard. The rescuer wasn't able to find any geese in the area that had babies her size. The lady who called had no visible signs of owning any other animal besides a cat or dog. She did tell me that she thought the neighbors next door may have had some chickens but nobody had any idea where this little one came from.
Her beak has slowly begin to change though. The pink tip looks like its going to go black. Her legs and feet are still gray though.

Back
Top Bottom