1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If a hen gets to cold at night will she move with her sisters???HELP!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jesseschickens, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Jesseschickens

Jesseschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    somewhere in Pa
    1 of my girls was to stubarn to stay with her sisters when I moved her to the roost I put her next to her friends too, but she just moved back to where she was she is healthy. Will Fluff move if she gets to cold????

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I'm sure she will. I bet she will be just fine. [​IMG]

3. ladybug99

ladybug99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Monroe New Jersey
    I have one that does that too she roosts all by herself.. no matter how hard I try to change her she goes right back to her spot....but she doesn't ever seem to be cold

4. Jesseschickens

Jesseschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    somewhere in Pa
    Thank you i will not worry Now even though I can always find something about my hens to worry about

5. constance

constance Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Tucson
    I have one like that, too. Even during sudden cold snaps (a surprise for Southern AZ) she prefers her own space. All the others are clumped together on the roost, but she goes as far to the other side as possible, near the cold wall! Seems to survive just fine.

6. TomG

TomG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Lake Oswego
    When it is very cold my hens huddle together. The warmer it gets, the farther they spread apart. I can watch them from my night vision cam that is in the coop. I don't really need a thermometer. If it's 30 degrees or less they smoosh together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by