If all chickens had to be cageless

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
Do you think that this means that a cage with six egg-laying hens in it will have to be a minimum of say, twelve or fifteen feet wide? Or would they be outlawing more than one bird in a cage, each cage two feet, by maybe two and a half feet or so? I am trying to envision what they mean here. I wonder if they are saying that it should accommodate all birds simultaneously standing in a line and stretching out their wings like a chorus line, or a single bird stretching while others are eating, sleeping, laying, etc...

Onthespot:

Your questions illustrate why Proposition 2 must be defeated. It is flawed with ambiguous terms, consequences, and potential for "Humane Organizations" like organization, PETA, ALF, and Animal Sanctuary to have the power to inspect commercial operations without notice thereby granting Quasi-Governmental authority.

Jim​

well im just saying, even if their riskin stuff like that, at least they live a happy life......i mean really, do you really think they LIKE bein in those lil cages? and its all for money, makes me just sick inside -_-

Quote:
I think alot of people are plugged in, conscious, and informed, but the unemployment rate, and loss of income from family to family keeps them thinking with their checkbooks, and not their feelings towards animals.

Agree, they are "plugged" in. Any extra $$, has to go to cable TV, internet, cell phones, movies, etc; you know the essentials of life. Given a choice between spending more for food (for any reason) and their toys, the toys win.

IF we are going to pass laws on farmers, STOP importation of products that are grown in ways that we made ILLEGAL.

Where were most of you the other night? I was getting attacked because all I want is for animal to be treated humainly. Anyway, I am only going to make one comment and leave because I am not getting into another war. Prop 2 is not going to force farms to be cageless, it going to give them a TINY bit more room. Nowhere near humane conditions. It is a least a start.

i just would like to know..what is so hard about giving them a bit more space?...if you dont have the room for them..have a few less birds..
idunno.gif
..(its really not rocket science to figure that out.).......just like i have to do...i cant get 50 birds..cause i dont have the room for them...so i simply dont get any more birds than i have the room for..
idunno.gif
..i just cant understand what is so hard about that concept...

Quote:
IF you are truly concerned about animal welfare in general, there are MUCH more important incidents to tackle. How about stopping importation of products that are banned in USA? Banana's, grapes, vegetables, meat products, soybeans, etc...they all use products that are ILLEGAL in USA.

Quote:
Don't think anyone is arguing about that concept but that this particle bill is VERY POORLY written and includes things that will affect more than what 99% people want.

right seedcorn..i do understand that....there are to many things in it that could cause problems....i dont think this bill is the answer either.... i just wish i knew what the answer was....
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom