1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If Chickens Could Talk w/pics

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Eagles_View, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Eagles_View

Eagles_View Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2010
    NE Missouri
    I picked up 10 one year old laying hens this am...all red sexlinks...and one little Frizzle Roo...he's only 3 months old...Big Henry towers over him....the pecking order started as soon as they were released into general population....poor little dude is way down the bottom of the ladder in popularity.......

[​IMG]
    "Now SEE HERE, you fancy smacy little roo, I'm a Turken Hen, some call me a nakied neck, cause I don't have feathers around my neck, all the same, I'm a HEN and on this farm, HENS RULE AND ROO'S DROOL! Young man, are you LISTENING TO ME? Kids now days have no up bringing"

[​IMG]
    "Excuse me, HEY BOY! I SAID excuse ME! Stop looking out the fence, we'll be stuck inside for a few days, seeing as how, she don't know if you and your ladies will come back at night or not...the lady calls me Henry. Please to meet your aquaintance. You must be the help she has been promising me, Good Lord that lady must be nuts if she thinks a little feller like yourself can take up the slack. Why, with the new ladies that arrived this am, that brings us up to 31 ladies to keep happy. BOY, STOP WALKING AWAY, AND PAY ATTENTION TO ME !"

[​IMG]
    "NOW, lets take a look at ya. Nice feet, you should have no problem perching; how old you say you was?....3 months? JUST 3 MONTHS?....great, at least I can train ya up right. And what in the same hell is wrong with your tail ? Your tail feathers all lean to the right !! was ya dropped when you was a chick ? Well, maybe in time they'll straighten out...or Bertha the Barred Rock will do it for ya, she's a fiesty one, ya need to know that right up front!, best leave her for me."

[​IMG]
    "ok, lesson number 1. Just stand still, look around and act like your not interested. Then when they bend over to look for some food, ya nail'em. Think ya got it now?"

**to be continued

-Eagles View Farm
    NE Missouri

2. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    LOL [​IMG]

3. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    The first one looks like the white ones going
    COME AT ME BRO

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. Real McChicks

Real McChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    California
    Poor little guy is in for it![​IMG]

5. ddmiddle7

ddmiddle7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  6. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Luv it... more please...

D

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    did you put them in a separate pen for a week to help them integrate easier? you may lose the little guy in all the pecking order shuffling

8. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Heehee, hope you don't mind if I add my own pic. This is a hilarious thread!

[​IMG]

"Are you lookin at me? Are you lookin at ME?! Why I oughtta......"

9. Eagles_View

Eagles_View Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2010
    NE Missouri
    I don't mind at all......chickens have such personalitys....all comments and pics that other's have would work for the
    topic, "If Chickens Could Talk w/pics...So bring em on!

As far as keeping them seperate........I had just got some chickens from the same place...in fact, you'd think it was a
    reunion of sorts...same bird mates, just the location changed...so no problems...the pecking order came from a few of my "older" hens..
    That turken is actually just a month older...I have 3 age groups...and if all goes right today...I'll probley be going to
    a place and picking up some 3 month old silkies......that's the only breed I don't have right now..and the youngest...(yes there are others, but they are the same color, just different breeds, I want color to the flock, only a few or so of each color, but the
    red sexlinks were so cheap and in such good shape I got 10 of them).

anyhow.............we'll see how the day goes....

I did put food coloring on the egg spout area to see how they were laying...I got home with them today at 7:30am...and
    it's 2:10 now, with 8 out of 10 have laid eggs........guess the 30 min ride didn't upset them too much![​IMG]

I put a little full strength food dye on the area...dab it on with my finger....as they lay, a little of it will come off on the egg...last
    a couple of days....no problems..just don't use red...they'll peck at the egg or at least mine have....I use a mixture of colors shook
    up, looks like poop;) and they leave it alone.

-Eagles View Farm
    NE Missouri (with a temp of 105*)

10. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Everyone's staring at me asking why I'm laughing so hard hahahah!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by