If I have a Muscovy male who has been alone for 2 months is it ok to inturduce a female? Need to kno

paws4440

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
I had 2 muscovys but then "Mud" my drake lost his companion. He has been all By himself for 2 months and I finally found a 3 month old female for him. She will stay in my chicken coop for a week or so. Is it safer to keep her in there buy herself, put her and Mud in there together or put her in a large dog kennel and let mud walk around so they can get used to each other. I need to know ASAP so any I put would be great thanks!

Sorry for your loss. Glad you found him another companion. I would put her in a kennel and let Mud walk all around her. Depending on where you got her, you might should quarantine her for a week just to make sure she is healthy. Good luck.

Thanks you! I got her from a good friend and she LOVES her animals to death and she is vey clean and they shouldn't be sick. How long should I keep her in the kennel?

Ok thank you and no I don't because I want them to be able to fly away from predeors because they are free rang

Ok thank you and no I don't because I want them to be able to fly away from predeors because they are free rang
I don't clip wings either for the same reason but mostly so they can get away from the drake, lol
big_smile.png

If she is 3 months old she won't be ready to mate and if he is older mature he may try to breed with her. You will have to watch him closely and if he starts trying to mate with her keep them separate until she is at least 5 months old then release them again together. If you have to keep them separated make sure they can still see each other and interact.

Back
Top Bottom