If I keep my Roo up later will he sleep in?

WonderChicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 14, 2010
High Ridge, Missouri
I do not have light in my coop and now that it is getting dark earlier the chicks are all going to bed earlier...and getting up earlier
sad.png

If I install a light and keep it on in the evenings will my beautiful roo sleep in? DH didn't mind 630am wake up calls so much, but not so happy about 5am wake up calls...lol!

I'm sorry but nope they have internal alarm clocks and will always get up and crow early. Mine start at 5 am late fall thru winter. summer time they wait til 7 am

i'd say it's worth a try. can't hurt anything. if your coop is pitch black and there isn't a rooster next door, i'd say there is a decent shot.

Quote:
This is actually a little truthful. If you keep him up late, then lock him in and make sure there's no loud sounds or light peaking in until you want him to awaken, it may work. Often roosters will awaken because of these variables.

Crowing is another matter.
wink.png
I've had my boys start up a choir in the middle of the night, then sleep it through again until morning.

Well, there are no other roo's in the area and it is still dark outside and it is almost 630am now. Sounds like I just might have a shot at this working. That's great news since I don't think I could convince DH to install cable in the chicken condo ;o)

Thanks for your help! Be blessed today ;o)

Back
Top Bottom