If it was hatch day and there was no pip... what would you do?

no helping. They can hatch a day or two after hatch day if your temps are off. Case in point... I just fifteen minutes ago put some welsummer eggs in the hatcher. They did not look right, so I opened one. It was a live. I was going to toss them all, and after opening the one, I will just leave them in there and hope for the best in four or five days.

Back away from the bator slowly!!!! DO NOT TOUCH!!!!! If you don't already, take up smoking (I am KIDDING!!!!!!). It will come when it gets ready. Day 21 is NOT a magic number. Deep breaths........

I'm just anxious I guess... and worried. It's my first hatch and I'm a nervous wreck.
hmm.png

Quote:
gig.gif
LOL I agree with you on that one...only instead of smoking take up knitting! LOL
lau.gif
You will have a blanket made in no time.
gig.gif

Seriously, I have had chicks hatch as late as 26 days! I was going to clean out the bator and though...."well I will get is when I get home". (I was going to visit my mom at her camp site) I got there and my DH called and said "You are not going to believe this but....you have more chicks hatching!" I asked if he was kidding and then thought that it was a good thing I waited! Good luck, and be patient.....or go knit! LOLOLOL
lau.gif
gig.gif

My last few hatches in the bator never hatched on day 21. Usually it was day 22 or even 23 or 24. My broody hens usually hatch on day 20, so I guess it is due to bator temps. Don't start worrying yet, and resist the temptation to help until you are SURE there is a problem. Good luck!

I have a question-- On day 10 my electric went out over night I thought I lost them but lo and behold day 14 they were hopping around in there will mine run late because of the power outage? today is day 19 and I stopped turning.

Quote:
LOL been there, done that.
smile.png
When you feel your nose touch the bator you KNOW it is time to stop staring! LOL Don't worry, EVERY hatch freaks me out that bad!!! It just doesn't seem to get easier!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom