If it wasn't for bad luck......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mohillbilly, Jan 23, 2012.

1. mohillbilly

mohillbilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    just got done putting a fire out in my chicken coop/ hatching shed.[​IMG] (cause of fire lightning strike) I have 120 roasted chickens and no incubators other than a little giant that has been in a closet for the past 20 years. Oh well gives me an excuse to build a couple new ones and bring them up to date with turners. had only been using them for 30 years.

This taught me one thing from now on instead of just 1 coop divided up for each breed I am going to build each breed their own house that way if it happens again I only lose one breed.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Oh wow, sorry for your loss. Hopefully it won't be to hard to rebuild and replace your breeds. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So sorry to hear this. WOW! Makes me glad it doesn't ran that much here.

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    So Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. mohillbilly

mohillbilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    I will be building my coops as I get chickens for them..As for the incubators I had built them 30 years ago so I shouldn't have much problem replacing them. I will just build 2- 250 egg incubators and a 500 egg hatcher.
    As far the birds go I wont be replacing All of the breeds I had. Instead I think this time around I will get some rarer breeds like marans, and other dark brown egg layers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by