If my appeal is denied as well....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sonia, Sep 24, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i would give it a home but i'm about 1.5 hours from ya. i won't be up that way till oct 4th when i go to union city to visit family.

zoneing shouldn't be able to touch that one a bunny is a pet not livestock or poultry unless u raise them for food. r u allowed guinea pigs if so a rabbit is considered in that class. ur ordinace has to specify rabbits r not allowed. tell them u want to see the code u r supposably violateing and they have to show u upon request the code in exact wording not go by what they r saying.

if u can talk them into giveing u more time and still have him or a temp home till the 4th i can stop to get him on my way up and pick him up on the 4th.

if u find out u can keep him later i'd be happy to give him back also and just foster family it until then. if not i have other bunnies and it can have a perminate home if needed.

so sorry u r going through all this,
    mary

2. Sonia

Sonia Songster

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    mangled is picking him up tomorrow. Yes the ordinance specifically cites rabbits....but you are allowed up to 3 as long as they are at least 15 feet from the property line, kept in sanitary conditions and kept in secure enclosures ect. As far as I can tell I was NOT in violation of the ordinance with one bird and one bunny except that I didn't have the permit....and when I tried to get the permit it was denied. I'm appealing and the newspaper is running a story tomorrow telling our side.

3. BFeathered

BFeathered Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    JMHO, but sounds like the guvmint folks in Titusville are bucking to change the name to Up-tight-us- ville! Did you forget to pay the bribe last month?! What's up with those beaurocrats-- nev' mind. It's an election year. Nuff said. Hope you had a lovely visit with the zoning snark, and mangled, you're sweet to take bunny. I'd offer, but the flight to TX might be a bit much. Best of luck, and maybe Karma will come around in time for you to witness it![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: