If not eye worm what could this be? *new pic added*

1843BILLYBOB

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 3, 2010
]Under my roosters eye there is a lump that looks like a marble under its skin. I have treated with VetRX for 5 or 6 days and still no results. Last night we
lanced the spot and only clear blood came out. Can any one help me out. Thanks Bob
50204_rooster1.jpg
]
50204_rooster.jpg
]

Last edited:
I think you can actually see eye worms. Looks like an injuy to me. A tea compress containing "eyebright" does wonders for anything eye-related. Search under "eyebright". Also chamomile tea compress is a good thing. Hope he feels better soon!

The roosters eye seems to be ok. Its just buried under this lump. The blue color is blue coat. Thanks

I would put some Tylan in his eye. Just a drop twice a day. You need to dilute it with saline solution. 1 part Tylan to 4 parts saline. If you don't have or can't get Tylan, then you can get the eye ointment from TSC.

I read up on eyeworms and according to what I read, eyeworms can be seen. As far as treatment is concerned, VetRx is recommended for treatment in and around the eye. I also read about other treatments,but I was unclear as to whether they were effective or not. Maybe you could look for a treatment by using the search feature on here. If your roo has eyeworm,he'll eventually go blind. However, I agree with thebritt. Perhaps he scratched himself in that area. Try putting triple antibiotic on it. Triple antibiotic is an ointment you can purchase at a grocery store or pharmacy.

I am trying to find out what is wrong with my pullet's eye. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your rooster? My pullet's eye looks exactly the same. I've been treating her with an antibacterial eye ointment that I got from TSC but no results so far. However, I just started treating her yesterday. She's a polish chicken and I'm afraid that I didn't notice the problem right away because her eyes are obscured by her feathers most of the time. I trimmed her feathers around her eyes today so that they wouldn't irritate the infected eye. I would very much appreciate it if you would share what happened to with your roo. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom