1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If there is anything more ridiculous...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by A.T. Hagan, Feb 17, 2011.

1. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    ...than washing a chicken I am sure I have never done it.

And if there is anything more pathetic looking than a soggy Silkie I've never seen it.

Nevertheless the deed is done. Sparkler was very patient with our ineptitude and took his bath amazingly well. We also discovered that he likes being blow dried! We could practically hear him purring as the Kinder Minor slowly worked him over fluffing him up.

He's in the big carrier now on the dining room table (big towel underneath!) so he can finish drying out in the house where it's warm. The kids were watching Fly Away Home as we were finishing up and every time the geese would honk Sparkler would respond with chicken noises.

He's finally settling down now that the lights are mostly off and the kids are in bed. We'll see how he looks in the morning then it'll be time to load him up for the trip to Newnan and the K. Major's first poultry show.

Wish her luck!

2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    And the smell of wet feathers! Whew... Good luck at the poultry show....

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    OK, and that's what Dad's are for.[​IMG] Please update and let us know how Sparkler does at the show. Good luck.

4. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I washed a couple for my boys 4H competition last year. I think wet chicken smells worse than wet dog.

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Pics, please! [​IMG] [​IMG] (And good luck at the show!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by