If you could meet one BYC member in person, who would it be?

Pics
Opinion warning: My thoughts. Yours may vary, asking "why" is a bit of a subjective and loaded question in this case :)

There are very few comedians working today that could carry a Vacation, or a Stripes, or an Uncle Buck (as examples). Maybe Jim Carey? Even Chase and Murray are just not there anymore, and a good number of their contemporaries are gone. Forget the raunchier style like Blues Brothers, Porkys, Animal House, etc. Hollywood isn't that place anymore and I don't think they'd be made because of various things that no one cared about then but they do now. That torch got passed to flicks like the Hangover and Bad Santa (and they're just not as good). There have been some decent ones. Scott Pilgrim, Anchorman, Napoleon Dynamite, Knives out (which was better when it was Fish Called Wanda), Superbad, Some of the MCU flicks, etc. But they're just not that same level of those late 70's and 80's comedies. The era of the big budget comedy just seems to have faded. Deadpool may be one of the best comedies in the last 20 years, but it's niche and if you're not into Marvel, you may not only have missed it, you may not like/get it if you did see it.

Opinion warning: My thoughts. Yours may vary, asking "why" is a bit of a subjective and loaded question in this case :)

There are very few comedians working today that could carry a Vacation, or a Stripes, or an Uncle Buck (as examples). Maybe Jim Carey? Even Chase and Murray are just not there anymore, and a good number of their contemporaries are gone. Forget the raunchier style like Blues Brothers, Porkys, Animal House, etc. Hollywood isn't that place anymore and I don't think they'd be made because of various things that no one cared about then but they do now. That torch got passed to flicks like the Hangover and Bad Santa (and they're just not as good). There have been some decent ones. Scott Pilgrim, Anchorman, Napoleon Dynamite, Knives out (which was better when it was Fish Called Wanda), Superbad, Some of the MCU flicks, etc. But they're just not that same level of those late 70's and 80's comedies. The era of the big budget comedy just seems to have faded. Deadpool may be one of the best comedies in the last 20 years, but it's niche and if you're not into Marvel, you may not only have missed it, you may not like/get it if you did see it.
Agreed. Blades of Glory and Happy Gilmore are pretty darn good, but nothing has come out in the past 10-15 years remotely even close.

Thanks!❤️ Thought she’s actually a baby collie
Hard to tell on my phone. Avatars are about the size of my pinkie fingernail, lol. And now you've changed it to a chicken! Anyway she was a cutie, and I like Collies too, except for the grooming! :eek:

Happy Feel Good GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Back
Top Bottom