If you could meet one person from history

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by redsoxs, Sep 22, 2011.

1. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    This may have been done in this past, as I'm kind of new to BYC, but here goes:
    If you could have a 10 minute conversation with someone from history, who would that be and why?

Rules:

The person can be still be living.
    Please keep it family friendly and don't put things about meeting someone so you could kill them and alter history or prevent them from doing misdeeds. Let history be history. Just keep it light and friendly - who would you love to be able to sit down and converse with about anything at all?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I'll go first...although I'll probably end up posting multiple times because there are many people I'd like to meet!!

James Madison...I think it would be fascinating to meet the major architect of The Constitution. I'd want to know his thought process and foresight and how he was able to forge a document that has shaped this nation.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

There are so many.....

Old West- Kit Carson- opened the west when America was in it's infancy.

Industrial Revolution- Cornelius Vanderbilt- Shipping and Railroad Tycoon.

Party- Robin William, George Carlin, Willie Nelson- Brilliant and funny.

Gospel sing- Elvis

Travel- Christopher Columbus- Traveled the world and sailed the seas when the world was flat.

Serial Killers- Jeffrey Dahmer, William Gacy- What makes them tick?

Brilliance- Einstein, Edison, Franklin

Business- Henry Ford.

Speaking of this, I need to go see my parents. They are still around but getting up there in age. Instead of talking about who I wish I could talk about, I ought to go see who I still CAN talk to before it BEFORE it can only be an "I wish I could still talk to".

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Thanks, loanwizard - those are some great ones. I really like the part about your parents, too! Inspiring and thought provoking!!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My great-great grandmother who came to Kansas from Tennessee in 1878 by covered wagon. She was a widow and 8 of her 9 children came along with her. The oldest, a daughter was married and stayed behind in Tennessee.

Actually I'd like to meet a lot of my ancestors, but if I have to pick one it would be her.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  6. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    Ronald Reagan... Talking to the great man would be such a pleasure, because of his wisdom and his great wit!

7. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Douglas Adams. He's one of my heroes, and I'd love to have the chance to tell him so. Maybe we could have a good conversation too.

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Charles Manson - Just to confirm how "Cuckoo for cocoa puffs" he REALLY is. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonnie and Clyde

Ted Bundy

Al Capone

The Alcatraz Inmates that escaped but were never found.

Kate "Ma" Barker and the Barker Gang

Butch Cassidy

Jesse Woodson James (famous outlaw, bank robber, etc.)

Just would want to ask them why did they do what they do and get a few details of how they did it.

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Kuntrygirl got her a darkside! [​IMG] I agree though - it would be interesting to see how some of these people think. I've seen the many Manson interviews and just leave shaking my head.

10. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

who would i want to spend 10 minutes with MOST? THAT'S eaaaaaaasy!!! Christ Jesus of Nazareth . To spend even 10 SECONDS in HIS physical presence would be beyond amazing ...10 MINUTES so much more so.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by