If You Could Pick 2...

EHook518

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2012
Denver, CO
A friend of mine hatched these chicks in her classroom. I am thinking about keeping two of them to replace two of my hens that a friend is taking. These are mixes of all sorts and they are 3 weeks old. Which two would you keep? (FYI I am in the city and cannot have roosters) This is all risk free, if I keep two that turn out to be roosters they will go to the farm where we got the eggs from.

Thanks for having fun with me!

Hmmm. I'm going to help you with that no rooster part. I would get #1 and #3 if you want a chance with a hen. All of them are beautiful and I would take all of them, even though most of them look like roo's, and It's illegal in my town to have roosters too.

Last edited:
I would go with #1 (definitely looks like a pullet with that tiny comb) and #3 (although it could be a cockerel). The larger combs on #s 2,4, and 5 are more likely to be cockerels.

Hmmm. I'm going to help you with that no rooster part. I would get #1 and #3 if you want a chance with a hen. All of them are beautiful and I would take all of them, even though most of them look like roo's, and It's illegal in my town to have roosters too.

I would pick #4 and #2, but ic mat have Roos. I would,d so take them if I were aloud to or if hey were pullets though! I want more chickies..
:barnie. :jumpy

Last edited:
I would go with #1 (definitely looks like a pullet with that tiny comb) and #3 (although it could be a cockerel). The larger combs on #s 2,4, and 5 are more likely to be cockerels.

That would be my choice also.

"I would go with #1 (definitely looks like a pullet with that tiny comb) and #3 (although it could be a cockerel)" .. agreed.

Back
Top Bottom