if you get offended by the truth then don't ask lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdowden

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
sorry.....i gave an honest review of one of my ideal poultry experiences and someone got offended....well i'm sorry that happened but i don't sugar coat it....then someone wants to say people on this forum have no feelings.....sorry it's not that we don't have any feelings its that we don't sugar coat things and tell you what you want to hear.

does this ever frustrate anyone else???

You know, I'm thankful for people like you. That's actually one of the reasons I recently joined. My first question was regarding my family getting a Peacock, the thing is we live In the city and i didn't know if our wish was reasonable. With all the advice I received on how it wouldn't be a good idea, we just left the thought. Even though we had a big desire. I know their advice is going to keep me from headaches and heartaches. I've learned that when you ask for advice you have to be prepared to take in the truth about things. So please keep being honest but also choose the right words like the people who spoke to me did. Not sugar coat but polite and with respect is nice :)

Fitz hit the nail on the head. Honesty is not discouraged here. But tone of response (AKA being polite and nonconfrontational) is what makes the difference between a post that stands and one that could be reported or moderated.

The problem is that there are a lot of 12 year olds and under on this site. They bring a lot of drama sometimes. Someone asked about home school once, and I swear that I could hear the tears over my computer... they did not like my answer.
tongue.gif

lol...i have seen some adults act like that and mind you i am only in my 20's....

I like honest reviews, personally; I think they even everything out. I don't see why someone should get upset about a person commenting on their experience. I've noticed that, too, though...a lot of people online seem to have thin skin over the weirdest things.

you would think that they came here to learn but instead get offend
hmm.png
really makes no since to me. i like learning new things but i always look up any new info and really decide for myself if it's true or not but i don't get offended by it though (or at least i dont think i do
hide.gif
).....

I went and read that thread you're talking about and I honestly don't know what was so offensive. Maybe that person works for Ideal or something lol

lol i did not like ideal this year and reading a lot of the previous post makes me not want to order my ducklings from them either but they are the only hatchery i found that has snowy mallards and i really want some of those...

I bought ducks from them around Easter without knowing about the price hike lol. A kahki and an east india. They turned out ok, still doing well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom