if you have a rooster can u add pullets with him or no to create a flock if so how many hens does a rooster need

Any rooster, really. The number of hens vary.

I keep multiple roosters to multiple hens, often it's odd numbers, but usually work out fine. That's just an example.
do you know what the maximum and the minimum amount of hens for a rooster also just a qeustion doesent apply to anything just curios if you have a rooster can he live by himself if he stull can see hens and other birds but is still separated by chicken wire/ construction cloth

do you know what the maximum and the minimum amount of hens for a rooster also just a qeustion doesent apply to anything just curios if you have a rooster can he live by himself if he stull can see hens and other birds but is still separated by chicken wire/ construction cloth
Minimum for one rooster can vary from 1-6.
Maximum for a rooster can be any amount of hens really. Probably not any higher then 25.(Estimation) cuz he may not be able to breed an excessive number of hens himself.

For keeping a rooster, alone by himself I've got little experience with. I only had to separate a rooster once, & I ended up butchering him.

Minimum for one rooster can vary from 1-6.
Maximum for a rooster can be any amount of hens really. Probably not any higher then 25.(Estimation) cuz he may not be able to breed an excessive number of hens himself.

For keeping a rooster, alone by himself I've got little experience with. I only had to separate a rooster once, & I ended up butchering him.
so if she mixes them a light brahma rooster can mate with a buff brahma hen

so if she mixes them a light brahma rooster can mate with a buff brahma hen
If she doesn't mind a mixed colored flock. But if she wants them pure for color she'll have to separate.

For mixing the results to be expected: Light Brahma Rooster X Buff Brahma hen = Gold, & Silver Columbian Females. Males will be Gold/Silver Split, Silver, or Gold.

Mixed Color opposite order will produce sexlinked offspring: Buff Brahma Rooster X Light Brahma Hen = Gold Columbian hens, & Silver, or Gold/Silver Split males.

If she doesn't mind a mixed colored flock. But if she wants them pure for color she'll have to separate.

For mixing the results to be expected: Light Brahma Rooster X Buff Brahma hen = Gold, & Silver Columbian Females. Males will be Gold/Silver Split, Silver, or Gold.

Mixed Color opposite order will produce sexlinked offspring: Buff Brahma Rooster X Light Brahma Hen = Gold Columbian hens, & Silver, or Gold/Silver Split males.
she would not mind spit she told me but she does not have to hatch all of the eggs rght if she gets the eggs the day they were layed they wont develope rght?

i also ment buff brahmas are big enough to mate rght with a light brahma rooster

she would not mind spit she told me but she does not have to hatch all of the eggs rght if she gets the eggs the day they were layed they wont develope rght?
If fertilized they will develop if incubated. They won't develop if they aren't incubated.

also thank you for all the information if it was anoying srry i just dont know much about rooster behavior and im helpin a freind

if you have two roosters in a roosters roost can they be in sight of hens or no

Back
Top Bottom