If you sell your eggs... (for eatin', I mean)

allig8r

Songster
12 Years
Where do you find out what the laws are about this?
hu.gif

The ladies barely keep up with us, but if I'm gonna get more--I'm goin' whole hog and REALLY getting more! Hubby is now addicted!
ya.gif
I have to strike while the iron is hot!

Any idears?

Search for "selling eggs" in your state on the internet. Your local university agriculture extension probably has the info.

I suspect that it will be like my state. You can sell to individuals with very little restrictions on a small scale, but if you want to sell at farmer's markets or to stores/restaurants then there will be more restrictions.

I'm not sure about the laws. We have about 4 or 5 dozen eggs go out for sale a week in the summer months, all the business is from a hand painted sign at my driveway end that says Brown Eggs $1.50/dz.
I know a fair amount of people who do the same thing in our area, including a woman who has 175+ laying hens. She has drive-by traffic and delivers a route twice a week, including a small private nursing home.
She has no permits, so maybe different areas have different laws for such things.
Our neighbor down the road is a county sheriff, and he is one of my best customers for eggs, so I'm guessing I'm not breaking any laws, LOL.

Good luck.
Em

I don't sell allot of my eggs but I told the few girls that buy them that I am not selling the eggs, I am asking for a donation to help with the cost of the feed and the egg cartons. That way they can't touch you.

love.gif

Back
Top Bottom