If you set on 3/10 when would you lockdown?

wistlindixie

Songster
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
I set mine on the evening of the 10th. Just wondering what would be the best lockdown day and what should temp/hum be in a still air LG ?

If you set them in the evening you would not count the first day....so it would be on the 29th. temps should be 101 for still air and humidity for incubation should be 50-60 percent then up to 70-80 percent for the hatch after day 18.

Last edited:
The 18th day is lockdown. I agree, if you set them in the evening on the 10th, you would not count that as day #1. Therefore, your lockdown day would be the 29th. If you set them in the morning, your lockdown day would be the 28th. Make sure your humidity is regulated or the chicks can dry up. Once they start hatching, you can reduce the temperature in the incubator to 95.5 and do not remove the chicks from the incubator until completely dry! Hope this helps! Good luck!
smile.png

Why does it matter what time of day you set them? If somebody sets eggs in the evening it would follow that that might be the best time for them to fool with them. Why not lockdown the same time of day that you set them, 18 days later?

Back
Top Bottom