If you use fresh quail eggs

wco

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Huntsville, AL
this tool is a must have. The quail egg shell cutter.

21540_egg_shell_cutter.jpg

Just got it today, tried it out and it works great. Makes a nice clean cut without all those shell fragments I usually have when I open a quail egg.

Got mine here: shell cutter

that's pretty cool!!! I never knew there was such a thing!

I found a blog entry while searching for quail info a lady uses a sharp knife to cut the blunt part off the egg and then the egg just pours right out
big_smile.png
She cuts it like cutting a slice off an apple. I plan to try it some day when im sickof hatching eggs (pah....like that will ever happen lol)!

ooooooooo oooooooooo a new toy!?!?!??????? Will you tell my boss about it??

WANT ONE, NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a blog entry while searching for quail info a lady uses a sharp knife to cut the blunt part off the egg and then the egg just pours right out She cuts it like cutting a slice off an apple. I plan to try it some day when im sickof hatching eggs (pah....like that will ever happen lol)!

Yes, the knife trick does work, that's the way I had been doing it. It has to be a really sharp knife and even then my results were no where as good as with this new gadget.

It's especially handy when you open a large number of eggs. My daughter made a big pan of brownies recently needing 20 quail eggs which she opened with a knife. She had shell fragments everywhere. It'll be much easier and quicker now with this new cutter.

Plus if you're a kitchen gadget freak, it's something else to add to the collection.​

On button eggs you can just whack the end off on the side of a pan instead of trying to split them. Then pour the contents out the end. The coturnix eggs have much stronger membranes though and that hasn't worked. I've been wondering a good way to crack those and was debating a knife to cut the end off smoother.

shelleyd2008 writes:
Where does it cut at? Would it work for boiled eggs or just fresh?

It just takes a small slice off the top of the egg. It would be used just for opening fresh eggs.

Here are a couple of photos of what you are left with which should tell the story.

21540_cut_shells.jpg

21540_cut_shell.jpg

It looks like it could work for boiled eggs though, it would just cut a bit off the top? Then you would just need to peel it down a bit on the side? Worth looking into
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom