If you were a lost baby chick, where would you be?

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
Kalamata, our 10 week old olive egger, is missing. I move her and the Green Queen into the grow out pen. They’re not that far apart and I figured they’d work out pecking order easily since they’re the same size. It looked pretty secure after I’d modified it (no one has gotten in or out, my WTB hens like to sneak the baby food). Did the night rounds and Marshmallow the GQ was way over on the brown coop’s run. Pop her back in the baby pen and check on Kalamata, no sign of her. Looked in all the bushes, trees as best I could, everywhere and no sound, no feathers. Obviously I’m hoping she’ll show up for breakfast tomorrow, but how far could she potentially go? Any tips I’m not thinking of???

Kalamata, our 10 week old olive egger, is missing. I move her and the Green Queen into the grow out pen. They’re not that far apart and I figured they’d work out pecking order easily since they’re the same size. It looked pretty secure after I’d modified it (no one has gotten in or out, my WTB hens like to sneak the baby food). Did the night rounds and Marshmallow the GQ was way over on the brown coop’s run. Pop her back in the baby pen and check on Kalamata, no sign of her. Looked in all the bushes, trees as best I could, everywhere and no sound, no feathers. Obviously I’m hoping she’ll show up for breakfast tomorrow, but how far could she potentially go? Any tips I’m not thinking of???
So sorry that happened. Im not sure, but i do know mine were many houses down from my yard and i had to go retrieve them, they were fine, and normally come back around 4:00 every single night to come in. If not, maybe a bit earlier or later give or take.
Point is, they were very far out, so just something to consider. And my chickens and i have a wonderful relationship, so they just decided to go off exploring i suppose

Hope all goes well and you find her!

The naughty little bean has returned! Waiting by the coop like a good baby ☺️ I’m so relieved!

6DD33C75-2FCA-4FE1-99EF-5BBAAAF6D6E9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom