If your spouse is like mine DON'T

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Solsken Farm, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

send them out to collect eggs.

My husband brought our eggs to our cabin this weekend (the kids and I were there a night ahead). There were so many. When I took them out to wash them, I realized some of them were the wooden eggs we use to 'inspire' the girls.

He had no idea they weren't real eggs.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok that's just darned funny!!!! I send mine out all the time. He treats those eggs like they are glass. It's amusing to watch him hold them like they are gonna fall apart if they bump each other.

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    [​IMG] I go out and collect the eggs myself, I have 3 chooks and when I came into the house I had 4 eggs....? Then I realized the extra one was plastic, ( I stick it in the coop nest box once in awhile to keep them from pecking at any eggs!)

Give hubby a hug, at least he was collecting for you!

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    DH brought in the fake eggs so often that I had to write on each one: "This egg is FAKE."

5. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    i made sure to never get confused like that i use white nike checked golf balls to inspire my hens the dnt know the difference and will sit on three golf balls at a time lol;)

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    When DH comes out of the barn with an egg or two, he's more excited than a kid on Christmas. It's hilarious when he comes in yelling like he won the lottery.

Who knew? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by