Ill gosling care

As far as a vitamin mix, I really like this one from Stromberg's Poultry. You dissolve in water the first 6-8 weeks: https://www.strombergschickens.com/product/Probiotics-+-w-Electrolytes-&-Vitamins-200-g

It doesn't have Selenium, but using Mazuri Waterfowl Starter (Chewy has it) would help. I also add https://www.amazon.com/AniMed-Vitam...nt,+vit+e+selenium,+zinc,pets,147&sr=1-2&th=1 But only add 1/8 teaspoon, maybe 3 times a week, for a few weeks. Then decrease to twice a week. You CAN overdose on Vitamin E and Selenium! Or I add about 1/4 teaspoon over the feed for the whole flock 2-3x/week. Keep the Vit E/Selenium in a cool place or fridge for best long term potency.

As far as a vitamin mix, I really like this one from Stromberg's Poultry. You dissolve in water the first 6-8 weeks: https://www.strombergschickens.com/product/Probiotics-+-w-Electrolytes-&-Vitamins-200-g

It doesn't have Selenium, but using Mazuri Waterfowl Starter (Chewy has it) would help. I also add https://www.amazon.com/AniMed-Vitamin-Selenium-Zinc-lbs/dp/B004RTNF20/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1E50YULWBCNBF&keywords=horse+supplement,+vite+selenium,+zinc&qid=1648398127&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=horse+supplement,+vit+e+selenium,+zinc,pets,147&sr=1-2&th=1 But only add 1/8 teaspoon, maybe 3 times a week, for a few weeks. Then decrease to twice a week. You CAN overdose on Vitamin E and Selenium! Or I add about 1/4 teaspoon over the feed for the whole flock 2-3x/week. Keep the Vit E/Selenium in a cool place or fridge for best long term potency.
Hi thank you for all that info. I did check out the waterfowl starter-I’m currently giving him the purina flock raiser crumbles-is the maturity waterfowl starter better?

Hi thank you for all that info. I did check out the waterfowl starter-I’m currently giving him the purina flock raiser crumbles-is the maturity waterfowl starter better?
Mazuri, somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this, I believe is made by Purina, but is their elite line. I will say that although everyone complains it's more expensive, I really disagree because my ducks wasted a TREMENDOUS amount of feed when I used other feeds. That wasted feed is doubly bad because it draws mice, possums, and I hear RATS. With the Mazuri feed, I'm not joking, there literally is not a single piece left on ground when I bring them in for the night and the bucket is empty! We move the pen daily and there's fresh grass, so leftover feed is easy to see. I also think with a better feed, overall you feed LESS, and therefore have less waste, but I have no way to prove this LOL

Mazuri, somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this, I believe is made by Purina, but is their elite line. I will say that although everyone complains it's more expensive, I really disagree because my ducks wasted a TREMENDOUS amount of feed when I used other feeds. That wasted feed is doubly bad because it draws mice, possums, and I hear RATS. With the Mazuri feed, I'm not joking, there literally is not a single piece left on ground when I bring them in for the night and the bucket is empty! We move the pen daily and there's fresh grass, so leftover feed is easy to see. I also think with a better feed, overall you feed LESS, and therefore have less waste, but I have no way to prove this LOL
Hi sorry I did mean Mazuri, I didn’t catch the autocorrect. That’s good to know about your birds eating it all gone. That’s awesome to have no waste. My gosling is doing his best but makes a mess at the moment due to him have problems with his legs. But he DOES seem to eat heartily and til he has had enough. I’m having huge problem with shavings getting in his food and water due to his flailing. Having to change them out more than often.

I heard of a goose that had a condition similar to scoliosis, and it caused issues when trying to hold his head up or move in certain ways, though vitamin e deficiency can really do similar things in appearance, making it difficult to move their head or neck in certain ways, as can encephalitis, so a vet probably is the best option.

And if it turns out to be a nutrient deficiency they can actually administer it straight into the bloodstream via IV so the gosling can recover quicker.

I heard of a goose that had a condition similar to scoliosis, and it caused issues when trying to hold his head up or move in certain ways, though vitamin e deficiency can really do similar things in appearance, making it difficult to move their head or neck in certain ways, as can encephalitis, so a vet probably is the best option.

And if it turns out to be a nutrient deficiency they can actually administer it straight into the bloodstream via IV so the gosling can recover quicker.
Hi
That’s the thing though, he moves his head fine and I couldn’t find the things that you mentioned locally except the poultry cell liquid. I bought a vitamin pak with all kinds of vitamins and electrolytes in it for all kinds of livestock including poultry from tsc. And the crookedness we’re speaking of seemed to only show up within last couple of days unless we just didn’t notice it. Unfortunately I think you’re right, vet is the next step.

Hi
That’s the thing though, he moves his head fine and I couldn’t find the things that you mentioned locally except the poultry cell liquid. I bought a vitamin pak with all kinds of vitamins and electrolytes in it for all kinds of livestock including poultry from tsc. And the crookedness we’re speaking of seemed to only show up within last couple of days unless we just didn’t notice it. Unfortunately I think you’re right, vet is the next step.
Thank you so much for all your info and help.

Back
Top Bottom